The ground drive belt connects the engine crankshaft to the transaxle pulley to drive the rear wheels. If the belt breaks, the lawn tractor won’t move. If the belt is worn, the lawn tractor moves sluggishly because the belt slips on the pulley.
- Step 1: Position the mower to change the lawn mower belt.
- Step 2: Check the engine temperature before replacing the lawn mower belt.
- Step 3: Detach the spark plug wire.
- Step 4: Remove the cutting deck and battery.
- Step 5: Loosen the transaxle pulley.
- Step 6: Relieve tension on the upper drive belt.
Secondly, what does the drive belt do on a riding mower? The ground drive belt connects the engine crankshaft to the transaxle pulley to drive the rear wheels. If the belt breaks, the lawn tractor won’t move. If the belt is worn, the lawn tractor moves sluggishly because the belt slips on the pulley.
Similarly, it is asked, why does my riding lawn mower belt keep coming off?
The drive belt may come off a riding mower because it is damaged or loose. Even when it does not fall off, such a belt poses dangers. When loose, the belt may slip, resulting in friction that, if it creates enough heat, can lead to a fire in the mower’s engine.
How do you adjust the belt tension on a Poulan riding lawn mower?
How to Tighten the Belt on a Poulan Riding Lawn Mower
- Roll the Poulan riding mower onto a flat surface.
- Lift the cover for the engine and remove the spark plug, using a socket wrench.
- Lower the mower deck.
- Push in on the idler pulley underneath the engine.
- Remove the bolt from the housing on the deck.
- Push in on the pulley on the deck belt and pull out on the belt.
What is the primary mower belt?
The term “Primary Mower belt” implies that there would be a “Secondary Mower belt”, and that might be different depending on which mower deck the tractor has if there were multiple mower decks available for that model tractor.
Who make Craftsman riding mowers?
Craftsman is one of the market leaders in mower and tractor sales. Many models in the Craftsman line are made by Husqvarna; others are made by MTD. Craftsman lawn tractors run the price spectrum from gear-drive models priced at about $1,000 to fully featured, hydrostatic-drive units that cost more than $2,000.
How many belts are on a riding lawn mower?
Most mowers have at least two drive belts. There are two belts on most riding lawnmowers. One belt connects the transmission of the lawn tractor to the driveshaft pulley and the other belt connects the mower deck to the driveshaft pulley.
Why does my mower belt keep breaking?
the most common cause of the deck belt breaking would be a idler or mandrel pulley not lined up properly or the bearings going out and making the pulley wobble or the belt is getting rubbed somewhere. check the pullies on the deck to make sure they turn freely and are not loose and wobbling around.